- Reid calls Cheney the "chief attack dog" [Side note: Reid says he is not going to get into name-calling and then calls Cheney a name in the same sentence. ""I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody who has a 9 percent approval rating. ... I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with the administration's chief attack dog," Reid said after being asked about Cheney's remarks."]
- Cheney says Reid is making decisions for his own political power: "It is cynical to declare that the war is lost because you believe it gives you political advantage."
- Kennedy accuses Cheney of playing politics and deception
- Reid calls the President "obstinate" and "the odd man out" and "brusque" and being in "a state of denial"
- Cheney says Reid, through his comments, is "uninformed and misleading"
- Reid talks of the Bush administration's "incompetence and dishonesty"
- Kucinich accuses Cheney of manipulation, fabrication, and deception
- Kennedy of Cheney: "Vice President Cheney is the last person in the administration who should accuse anyone of making uninformed and misleading statements"
Links to related articles: