Thursday, February 07, 2008

Clinton vs. Obama: Donations


In my previous post I noted CNN and Fox News coverage of Hillary having to donate $5 million to her campaign. On Obama's web site there is an interesting reaction to this. David Plouffe, Obama's campaign manager, has put up a challenge to Obama supporters to match that donation. Barack is using Hillary's donation as incentive to raise more money. The graphic in my post is from Plouffe's post as of 12:30 am EST. Here is the opening statement from Plouffe's post on Wednesday February 6th, in the "Community Blog" section of the campaign web site:
"I was writing a note to you about the state of the race after Super Tuesday when we got some startling news. The Clinton campaign just announced that Hillary and Bill Clinton injected $5 million of their personal fortune into her campaign a few days ago. This is a dramatic move, and a clear acknowledgment that our campaign has the momentum. …" -Plouffe




-

1 comment:

GNTB said...

Yes, I am concerned about the contributors for Obama. I read Newsmeat last night and I noted under the A's alone numerous names like Abbas, Aboud, Amid, Ahmed and 100's more. Is this the change we can expect?